Saturday, February 21, 2015

Bread Pudding


I grew up in a family where all the ladies are good in cooking and baking. 

My grandma used to make snacks, desserts, and other meals by orders from neighbourhood, as well as my moms, my aunties, and cousins. 

I actually never cook or bake, until I got married. The homesick I felt when I was away from mom and family is the one pushed me to ask mom's recipe so I still could eat home made meals. 

My first baked experience was to make a choux I love so much that it made me cry when I failed in my first attempt. 

But, I never gave up. I have a dream that someday my kids shud know how it feels to smell a freshly- baked cakes, bread, cookies, or anything at home, especially when they have just arrived home from school. And I am already doing it now! 

I still could remember good things about how my and my sister's elementary school friends remember how good my mom's cakes was. Elementary! Gosh it was like a decade ago. LOL. 

Well, sure they always will remember, if the one she baked was like a bread pudding which taste so sweet. Slurrppp

Original recipe is from my grandma: 

1 pack of bread
1 can of condensed milk
3 cans of mineral water
500 gr eggs, whisk well
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon margarine, melted
2 tablespoon of all purpose flour
Raisins 

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 180 degrees 

2. Break bread into small pieces to a 22x22 square baking pan. Drizzle melted margarine over bread. 

3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and softly push down with fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture. 

4. Sprinkle with raisins. 

5. Bake for 45 minutes, and let it cool on a cooling rack. Better serve after refrigerated. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

They look amazing and yummy... Might as well try this one out myself, thanks for sharing the experience ngie :)

Tanti said...

You're very much welcome, mate 😉